Welcome to the Faculty of Automation and Computer Science - TUCN
Address: 26-28 G. Baritiu, 400027, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Dean office: Room 48, Phone: +40-(0)264-401219
Dean office secretariat: Room 48, Phone: +40-(0)264-401218
Students secretariat: Room 45, Phone
Mission and Objectives
The mission of the Faculty of Automation and Computer Science is part of the mission assumed in the Charter of the Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, that of "developing value in people, in processes and products". In this respect, the Faculty of Automation and Computer Science promotes education and scientific research in the fields of "Computers and Information Technology" and "Systems Engineering" by the requirements of the knowledge-based society.
The teaching mission of the Faculty of Automation and Computer Science is, in addition to the traditional one, to train specialists in the fields of “Computers and Information Technology” and “Systems Engineering” and to adapt this training for the integration into the corresponding labour market of the Union European and not only. This is reflected in the curriculum compatible with the requirements of the academic and the economic environment, both nationally and internationally.
The Faculty of Automation and Computer Science aims to strengthen its scientific mission by the principles of the Bologna Declaration to complete the professional training of future specialists. In this context, scientific research is an essential component in the continuous professional development of teaching staff and also a way of strengthening the position of the faculty and the university in the European area of higher education and research.
- Promoting quality and efficiency in education and research
- Ensuring compatibility of education and research with European guidelines and adapting the educational offer to labour market requirements
- Continuously developing scientific research, at the level of international standards and the assertion of scientific performances of the members of the academic community
- Developing partnerships with business environment, national and international institutions and organisations
- Modernising and developing the teaching and research materials base