Welcome to the Faculty of Automation and Computer Science - TUCN
Address: 26-28 G. Baritiu, 400027, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Dean office: Room 48, Phone: +40-(0)264-401219
Dean office secretariat: Room 48, Phone: +40-(0)264-401218
Students secretariat: Room 45, Phone
Mission and Objectives
The mission of the Faculty of Automation and Computer Science subsumes itself to the mission stated in the Charter of the Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, which is "to develop value within people, processes and products." In this respect, The Faculty of Automation and Computer Science promotes education and scientific research in the fields of "Computer Science and Information Technology" and "Systems Engineering" in accordance with the requirements of the knowledge-based society.
Besides the traditional aspects, the teaching mission of the Faculty of Automation and Computer Science consists in the preparation of specialists in the "Computer Science and Information Technology" and "Systems Engineering" fields, and the tailoring of the training for the integration on the corresponding labor markets not only in the EU, but in other places as well. This is reflected in the curricula, which are compatible with the academic and economic requirements, both nationally and internationally.
The Faculty of Automation and Computer Science aims to strengthen its scientific mission in accordance with the principles of the Bologna Declaration, in order to complete the professional training of future specialists. In this context, scientific research represents an essential component in the continuing professional development of teachers and also a way to strengthen the position of the university and of the faculty in the European higher education and research environment.
- Promoting quality and efficiency in educational and research activities
- Making education and research compatible with European guidelines and adapting the educational offer to the labor market
- Continuously developing scientific research, according to international standards and asserting the scientific performance of the academic community members
- Developing partnerships with the business environment, with national and international institutions and organizations
- Modernizing and developing the teaching and research equipment