Welcome to the Faculty of Automation and Computer Science - TUCN
Address: 26-28 G. Baritiu, 400027, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Dean office: Room 48, Phone: +40-(0)264-401219
Dean office secretariat: Room 48, Phone: +40-(0)264-401218
Students secretariat: Room 45, Phone
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES 2018
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES
DURATION OF STUDIES: 4 years.
DOMAINS at the Faculty of Automation and Computer Science
- COMPUTERS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (CTI),
- SYSTEMS ENGINEERING (IS).
- 1. CTI:
B) Computers - in English
C) Information Technology
- 2. SYSTEMS ENGINEERING
A) Automation and Applied Informatics
B) Automation and Applied Informatics in English
C) Automation and Applied Informatics at Satu-Mare
Entrance examination - Committee no.2 ( 2.1.)
- The Faculty of Automation and Computer Science,
- Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technology
- Through exam: Mathematics multiple-choice test
- Without exam: according to the Criteria for the admission of candidates who have received prizes and distinctions at school competitions and/or other national and international competitions during high school.
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION - JULY 2018:
APPLICATIONS: 10-14* July, 9:00 - 15:00
* for Satu-Mare extension the period is 10-14 July.
LOCATION FOR FILING APPLICATIONS:
- str. G. Bariţiu nr. 26-28, Cluj-Napoca and
- B-dul Lucian Blaga nr.121, for Automation and Applied Informatics in Satu Mare.
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION EXAM:
16 July, 9:00 AM (access in the classroom starting with 8.00 AM)
INITIAL RESULTS: 16 July, 10 PM
Confirmations and redistributions: Starting with the 17th of July, according to the Admission Regulation in force.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO APPLY:
- The bachelor’s degree diploma or equivalent diploma, in the original or a copy certified by the Commission for the Certification of Certified Copies (Romanian Abbreviation CCO)
- Written agreement for managing personal data and results at the Baccalaureate exam from SIIIR (Integrated Computer System of Romanian Education)
- Transcript of records or equivalent attestation, in original or certified copy by CCO
- At the second major (students): attestation issued by the higher education institution regarding the number of fee-based / budget study years
- At the second major (students): University Graduation Diploma or equivalent, in original or certified copy by CCO, and attestation from the higher education institution regarding the number of budget years of study
- High school graduates, classes prior to 2018: Affidavit (standardized format) regarding the number of years studied in higher education institutions. Birth certificate, certified copy by CCO (Certified upon application)
- Marriage certificate (if it is the case), certified copy by CCO (Certified upon application)
- Valid medical certificate, in original copy
- Four photos 3 x 4 cm, with NAME, FIRST INITIALS of the father and FIRST NAME written in CAPITAL LETTERS on the back of the photos,
- Identity card - certified copy by CCO
- The receipt proving the payment of the application fee
- FILE FOLDER - The surname and the first letter of father’s name and full name of the candidate in capitals shall be written on the file folder. For all the documents presented in certified copy, the original must be submitted for certification.
- Language Certificate for Romanian language
- Candidates with documents / diplomas from outside Romania - their authorized translation
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION AVERAGE Subcommission 2.1 - one of the two:
- MA = 0,6 * NTG + 0,2 * NB + 0,2 * MB or
- MA = 0,8 * NTG + 0,2 * MB.
MA – entrance examination average
NTG – grade obtained at the multiple-choice mathematics test
NB - grade at the baccalaureate for one of the following: mathematics, physics, informatics
MB – average at the baccalaureate
CONFIRMATION OF THE PLACE OBTAINED (deadline: the last day of confirmation of each phase):
AFTER EACH PHASE (I - initial phase and II - redistributions): with Bachelor’s degree diploma and Transcript of records in original (for students admitted on budgeted places)
- For students admitted on fee-based places: payment of a confirmation tax of 500 lei and adding the receipt to the file.
ATTENTION! If the place is not confirmed in the phase it was obtained the student will not be admitted!
DISTRIBUTION OF PLACES
The places for the first option chosen will be distributed depending on the order of averages. If a candidate was not distributed in his first option, his file would be analysed for the second option in the order of averages. After the redistributions, a candidate can be distributed from the fee-based on a budgeted place, or the candidate may be in a fee-based place from a budget place, if on the list of options, he/she has fee-based options, before a budget place he/she has occupied at a certain point. (Article 99 Regulation regarding the admission to undergraduate studies 2018)
The minimum average for being admitted is not the same for different domains. Thus:
- The candidates who chose all domains (all commissions) and were not admitted in their first option can be admitted in their second, third option, etc., in the order of averages.
- The candidates who did not choose all options for one particular commission and were not admitted in the domains they chose will not be admitted in the other domains, even if after the admission there are unoccupied places left.